What is it
An enzyme capable of converting both polysaccharide manana and mannoligosaccharides to mannose. Mananas are present in plant biomass and its complete hydrolysis has several industrial applications.
Differentials of the technology
The exo-mannanase enzyme is capable of efficiently hydrolyzing both mannanes and mannoligosaccharides to mannomer monomers, representing a metabolic simplification when compared to existing mannan de-polymerization processes, since a single enzyme can comprise two activities.
- Biobleaching of paper and pulp together with xylanases
- Additives for detergents
- Animal feed supplementation
- Coffee Processing
- Sludge control agents
- Production of therapeutic and prebiotic molecules
- Spin-off/start-up creation
- Co-development of technology/know-how transference